Thank you for your interest in registering for Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling 2022/2023 season!
Please complete this form to register your child. After clicking "Register", you will be required to electronically sign the Waiver and Parent Code of Conduct for Cowboys Wrestling.
In addition, the Athlete Code of Conduct will be emailed to the wrestler's email address to be electronically signed by the wrestler, and if a Parent 2 is entered, they will also be sent and required to electronically sign the Parent Code of Conduct.
#1 Parents Information
#2 Parent Information
Wrestler Health Information
If Parent #1 & 2 are not available
Athlete Waiver Form 2021/22
I,the parent/guardian of the above named
athlete understand and accept the risks to the athlete through his participation in activities associated
with wrestling, which may include the risk of serious and permanent injury and potential death.
Therefore, in consideration of the Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club permitting the athlete to attend
and participate in any of it’s activities, events or tournaments, I, on behalf of and for the athlete, his or
her heirs, representatives, executors, and administrators, do hereby release (each of the following being a
“Released Party”) Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club, the Alberta Amateur Wrestling Association, and
all facility providers (such as gyms, schools, and community sporting venues where an activity, event or
tournament may take place) and all directors, officers and employees and agents of such parties, from
any and all claims, demands, damages, and causes of action which may arise out of or in connection
with any loss, injury or damage to the athlete or their property which may be suffered or incurred while
attending or participating in (including transportation to and from) a Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club
activity, event or tournament, regardless of whether or not such loss, injury or damage arose by reason of
negligence of a Released Party. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless all Released Parties from
any and all losses, claims, demands and damages that may be suffered or incurred by any Released Party
arising out of or in any way connected with the athlete’s attendance at or participation in any such
activity, event or tournament.
Athlete & Parent Code of Conduct
Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club Athletes Shall:
• Treat all opponents, coaches & officials with respect
• Not use technology or social media to disrespect or exploit others
• Follow Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club Harassment Policies
• Wrestle to the best of their abilities, within the rules overseeing the competition
• Exercise self-control at all times
• Respect the decisions of officials without gesture or argument
• Show good sportsmanship by winning with humility and losing with dignity
• Agree to abide by the rules, regulations, laws, and bylaws of Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club,
AAWA, WCL, the Province of Alberta, Canada, any host countries, and host venues.
• Avoid any behaviour which would cause unreasonable disruption or interference in competitions,
training camps, or preparation of any athlete for a competition; (i.e. fist fighting, abusive or foul
• Abstain from theft or vandalism of any property, hotel rooms, dormitories, training facilities, and
equipment; the athlete shall be held accountable for such actions and agrees to reimburse the property
owners directly for any such damage.
• Agree to be in their assigned quarters at the given time indicated by the attending head coach, and
outside guests will be prohibited in athlete’s quarters without the consent of the attending head coach,
or their own coach if present.
• Show respect to all people regardless of gender, colour, race, or creed. (i.e. be discreet in expressing
and exchanging political, economic, and religious views in public)
• Avoid use of banned substances that are contravention to rules, regulations, & bylaws of Cochrane
Cowboys Wrestling Club, AAWA, WCL, & the IOC.
• For athletes in the WCL testing pool, submit to random doping control tests at competitions and at other
reasonable times as requested by WCL, the Canadian Centre for Drug-free Sport, or any other
authority designated to do so by the WCL; Failure to submit to such testing shall be grounds for
immediate dismissal from AAWA membership.
• Avoid substance use, whether alcohol or drug abuse, and the use and/or possession of illegal drugs as
defined according to the laws of Canada, and Alberta.
• Be responsible to pay any fines or penalties arising from any infraction or misconduct levied by any
other wrestling governing body.
Known active criminal investigations regarding any of the above will result in suspension of membership and
will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Failure to adhere to these conditions may result in one or more of the following disciplinary actions:
• Withdrawn from tournament or camp regardless of placing
• Returned home at their own expense
• Expulsion from Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club membership (not permitted to train with club)
• Report letter sent to parents from Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club Executive
• Probation letter sent to offending athlete(s), and their parents
If an athlete is in violation of the terms of this Athlete Code of Conduct, the athlete may be subject to
disciplinary action which may include one or more of the sanctions outlined above.
I hereby acknowledge, understand and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct while participating in all
Alberta Amateur Wrestling activities. I understand that my violation of any of these terms may result in
temporary suspension, discipline, expulsion or criminal charges.
The Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club promotes the notion that children’s sports are supposed to be
fun. Parents, Fans, Officials and Coaches will take responsibility for their actions; understanding that
their words and actions can have a lasting emotional effect on children. By following the Code of
Conduct and making every season about personal growth, skill and character development, and enjoyment of the sport, our wrestlers
will be more likely to stay connected to a sport, which will in turn, will help them to achieve life success.
The highest potential of sportsmanship and ethics of sports is achieved when athletes bring trustworthiness, respect, responsibility,
fairness, caring and good citizenship to every practice and competition.
I will follow the expectations of the Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club by:
• Teaching my child the importance of playing fair and following the rules
• Abiding by competition day policies and staying off tournament mats unless I am one of the official coaches or medical staff
I will remember that participation in wrestling is supposed to be fun for the youth and is not to be forced by me as the parent. Hostility
and violence will not be encouraged and I will teach my child to wrestle by the rules and resolve conflict appropriately.
I will not encourage any behaviours or practices that would endanger the health and/or well-being of the athletes.
I (and my guests) will:
• Be a positive role model for my child and all other wrestlers
• Never use technology or social media to disrespect or exploit others
• Follow Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club and AAWA harassment policies • Encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy for all wrestlers, coaches, officials and spectators
• NOT use profane language or gestures, boo or taunt others, use verbal or physical threats or refuse to shake the hands of
• Treat other wrestlers, coaches, officials, parents and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, colour, sex or ability
• Respect coaches and officials, as well as their authority, during wrestling matches; never questioning, discussing or
confronting coaches during or after a match (concerns should be addressed later at an agreed time and place)
• Demand a sporting environment that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use
• Understand that volunteering is part of my commitment as a Cowboys Parent, which includes set-up and clean-up of mats
before and after practice, involvement in our club tournaments, and positively benefitting the team.
• Understand that if my child is 10 years or younger, I am required to remain in the facility during practice for safety reasons
• Understand that it is my responsibility to care for my sick child, and if I bring him/her unhealthy to a practice, he/she will be
asked to sit out so others will not get sick, at the discretion of the coach.
Failure to abide by this code of conduct may result in your removal from the competition venue, suspension or the revoking of
Cochrane Cowboys Wrestling Club membership for your child and/or police involvement if the situation warrants such action.